Back to job search
We are working with a food manufacturer based in East Lothian as they are looking to hire a Quality Control Analytical Chemist.
The Quality Control Analytical Chemist is responsible for performing analytical testing and quality assessments on raw materials, intermediates, and finished products to ensure they meet the company's quality and safety standards. This role will contribute to the maintenance of our high-quality standards and the continual improvement of our processes.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager there will be an expectation to supervise the laboratory day-to-day functions in their absence.
• Analytical Testing: Perform a wide range of chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, in-process samples, and finished products using various analytical techniques.
• Method Development: Assist in the development and validation of new analytical methods to ensure the accuracy and precision of testing procedures.
• Calibration and Maintenance: Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment, ensuring that instruments are in good working condition and that calibration records are up to date.
• Documentation: Maintain accurate and organized records of all testing activities, results, and quality control documentation, in compliance with industry and company standards.
• Quality Assurance: Work with the Quality Control team to investigate deviations, out-of-specification results, and other quality-related issues. Participate in root cause analysis and corrective action processes.
• Compliance: Ensure that all quality control activities adhere to industry regulations and company policies.
• Safety: Follow and enforce safety procedures and protocols in the laboratory to maintain a safe work environment.
• Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance, to provide analytical support and address quality concerns.
• Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and quality enhancement in the quality control laboratory.
• Audit: As a BRC company there will be an expectation to perform internal audits of our Food Safety programme
• Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, or a related field.
• Previous experience in a quality control or analytical chemistry role, preferably in a regulated industry.
• Proficiency in analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, FTIR, and wet chemistry.
• Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and quality control standards in the industry is a plus.
• £28,000 - £30,000 + Shift Allowance
• Monday – Friday – 8-hour shifts
• 6am – 2pm & 2pm -10pm
• 28 days annual leave (increases with length of employment)
• Auto enrolment pension
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please apply with your most recent CV.
£28000 - £30000
17 days ago