Back to job search
Alexander Steele has partnered with a leading and fast-growing Packaging business that is transforming the sector by driving innovation and sustainability, which has seen them develop a wide range of eco-friendly packaging alternatives.
They are urgently looking for a numerically astute and analytical Procurement professional to join their team and help them continue to win in the market through supporting the creation of category development plans, identifying opportunities that optimise growth for their brands and its customers. You will be instrumental in delivering Category and Supplier strategies to drive category growth.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build effective and solution driven supplier relationships, focusing on best service and quality at lowest possible price.
• Analysing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends regarding the product and category
• Creating and developing a strategic long-term plan for the development of the category
• Analyse the market to assess the potential for new products and services
• Building and driving relationships with key vendors to improve pricing, terms and quality of services
• Negotiate with suppliers to ensure maximum profitability
Salary will be circa £50 000 + Pension
Hybrid remote working option: you will have the choice to work from either the Northamptonshire or Norfolk based sites 2 to 3 days a week.
Candidate Qualifications & Experience:
• A tertiary qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain/Commerce or equivalent is required.
• A professional CIPS or MCIPS qualification will be advantageous
• 3 to 5 years Category, Procurement or Buying experience within a FMCG or Consumer Goods business is required.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and challenge the status quo.
• Ability to translate market trends and customer needs into a sourcing brief to tender across multiple suppliers.
• You must have strong Excel skills; and experience working with SAP would be advantageous
Exciting opportunity to join a market leader and a fast-growing business with a wide range of suppliers and complex product portfolio.
£40000 - £50000
about 2 months ago