Back to job search
Alexander Steele has partnered with a ground-breaking business that is producing a range of environmentally sustainable products. They work with some leading global FMCG businesses and have an exciting opportunity for a Chemical Engineer.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading technical work on the process design of their biodegradable microcapsules.
• Translating chemical lab scale proof of principle to small scale lab process
• Manage pilot plant trials and support the process design for production of commercial samples
• Develop and establish in-process controls/analytical tools to ensure product quality
• Maintain lab and pilot plant related equipment
Salary will be circa £45,000 to £50 000, plus benefits and share options
Remote working option available, with travel to the Cambridge based site 3 to 4 times a week.
• A Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent
• At least 3 to 5 years Chemical/Process Engineering experience working on microencapsulation, emulsions, microfluidics, or polymeric systems
• FMCG experience in Food, Homecare, Personal Care or Cosmetics manufacturing environment is required.
• Must be a right-fit for a small, science-led innovative team with a high level of autonomy, creativity and independence.
As a fast-growing business, this role will provide you the opportunity to grow and build your own team of Lab Technicians/ Research Assistants as they expand.
£40000 - £50000
22 days ago