Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment are working in partnership with a chilled food manufacturing business based in the North East of England and we are assisting them with the recruitment of a Manufacturing Manager.
This is a fast moving; high volume site and you will have responsibility managing a team of 150+. The role reports directly into the Site GM. This is a Monday to Friday role and our client are offering a salary circa £50,000.
This is a challenging role where the successful candidate has the opportunity to make a genuine difference to the site and the performance of the business. You will need to be proactive with a strong bias for action, commercially astute, able to prioritise and communicate clearly.
• Direct management of four Production Shift Managers
• To manage the production operations in a manner that supports efficient running in order to meet agreed budgeted levels of expenditure on materials and labour.
• A policy of continuous improvement is required that constantly challenges cost and seeks to find ways to minimise cost without compromising quality or safety
• Control usage of raw materials and packaging by ensuring machinery is working satisfactorily and process information is in place for all materials used and available to all members of staff, avoiding unnecessary waste.
• To ensure Hygiene and Food Safety Standards and requirements are in place and monitored accordingly e.g. through Food safety and Hygiene Audits.
It is essential that you have:
• Experience in a high speed / volume food manufacturing facility.
• You will have experience of managing Production teams of 80+
• Good knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
In return you will get:
• Salary of circa £50,000
• Work Mon to Fri permanent dayshift
• 25 days holiday
Long term there will be an opportunity to further your career within the site & the wider group, with a business that has continued to grow despite the current challenging trading conditions.
So, if this role is of interest, then please forward your CV by applying through this advert, if you want to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please call Richard Steele at Alexander Steele.
Tyne & Wear
£48000 - £52000
5 months ago