Back to job search
Alexander Steele is working in partnership with this wonderful, chilled food manufacturer based in Northumberland, who are currently looking to recruit a permanent Production Shift Manager working 4 of 4 off days and nights (continental shift pattern)
Reporting directly into the Operations Manager, your role is to lead, develop and manage the shift team, through the Area Managers to consistently deliver a high quality product, in an efficient and cost effective manner and in a safe and hygienic environment. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the Production area whilst on shift.
The salary for the role is circa £32,000 per annum + overtime availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure defined production standards are met
• Manage, motivate and lead the team to deliver the production plan
• Ensure customer service levels & KPI’s are consistently achieved.
• Ensure all hazards are identified, the risks assessed, and all control measures implement and maintained.
• Contribute and fully support the Company Health and Safety Policy
• Lead, develop, inspire and motivate the team to attain performance improvement and drive and upward improvement in the skills and performance of all direct reports.
• Liaise with the Technical & Quality Control team to identify quality issues, ensuring all investigation are thorough and appropriate action is taken and recorded with preventative measures in place.
• Maintaining compliance against internal and customer audit requirements
• Maintain work areas in accordance with world class manufacturing standards of hygiene.
• Control and reduce material wastage usage levels.
• Measure and analyse downtime and implement corrective actions.
• Ensure Company Discipline and Grievance Procedures are followed including conducting investigations, chairing grievance and disciplinary hearings.
• Previous Food Manufacturing experience is essential
• Proven people management experience
• Experience in driving the Health & Safety culture
• Continuous improvement
• Managing KPI’s and adherence
• Preparing and supporting the business audit by major retailers and driving improvement
• Be hands on, flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy then please contact Richard Steele, either send a copy of your most recent CV or call him directly at Alexander Steele Recruitment
£30000 - £32000
29 days ago