Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading food manufacturers during an a time of growth for the business. Our client makes award winning products and they are proud to supply to UK retailers, restaurants and hotels. They have a Royal Warrant too so even the Queen receives their products!
This excellent business has a new and exciting opportunity for a Raw Materials Technologist to join their Technical function on site in London. The Raw Materials Technologist will be responsible for sourcing and optimising the raw materials portfolio. You will source and test new materials as well as delivering cost savings whilst ensuring quality remains high.
Key accountabilities include
• Supplier, Raw materials and Packaging Approval and Monitoring
• Raw Materials and Allergen Risk Assessment
• Raw Material Specification and GFSI accreditation Reviews
• Verify accuracy and content of raw material specifications and associated documents
• Monitoring of Threats and Vulnerability of Raw Materials and ensuring compliance with suppliers
• Liaising and managing with suppliers for any out of specification and non-conformance.
• Ensuring Chain of Custody associated claims – Provenance / Varietal. Carrying out mass balance traceability exercises.
• Carrying out Raw Material Traceability Exercises.
• Obtaining of CoC’s/CoA’s from suppliers and lot releasing of raw materials
• Excellent level of literacy and numeracy skills (E)
• Excellent attention to detail, thorough and accurate (E)
• Well-organised with good time management skills (E)
• Excellent communication skills (E)
• Minimum 3 years food manufacturing experience; preferably in a technical role (E)
• Proven track record of building positive relationships with internal & external stakeholders
• Experienced in food labelling and food labelling regulations (E)
• Relatively strong technical background and understanding of food composition and nutrition (E)
• Proficient in Microsoft packages, especially Excel (E)
• Experienced in allergen management (E)
The salary for this role is £28,000 to £33,000 plus benefits which include:
Monday to Friday working
Employee discounts on products
To work in a highly supportive and friendly working environment
Full training and induction provided including software/system and IT training.
Professional growth, learning and development opportunities.
24 hour GP service
Cycle to work schemes
Free products you can take home everyday
If you think this could be your next role please apply with an up to date CV. For more information please contact Tracey at Alexander Steele Recruitment on 0131 370 9191 / 07837566646 or email email@example.com
£28000 - £33000
about 2 months ago