Back to job search
We are working in partnership with a well established business who are continuing to grow and expand. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Food Technologist to join their team at their site in Cambridgeshire.
The Senior Food Technologist will ensure the businesses products adhere to customers technical and quality standards, food safety and legal compliance. You will ensure that food safety and quality systems are operated efficiently and that all site documentation adheres with the company, BRC and food safety legislations. They are looking for someone who can create positive working relationships across the business to promote food safety and quality across site.
Working with both suppliers and customers you will manage all aspects of supply chain from a technical and compliance perspective.
You will work the businesses suppliers to:
• Manage the supplier approval processes
• Ensure documentation is received and approved on time.
• All documentation to be reviewed to ensure traceability and due diligence
• Maintain the businesses approved supplier lists
• All raw materials are checked and in line with specifications
You will work with the businesses customers to:
• Build good relationships with customers and the wider business
• Be the point of contact for customer rejections and complaints. Ensure the issues are investigated / root cause analysis and make sure corrective actions are put in place.
• Ensure that waste falls in line with set budgets
• Support with customer and third party auditing and take charge of preparation for external audits
• Ensure all specifications are completed and in the customers chosen format which is to be agreed before supply.
The ideal candidate:
• Food science degree or relevant experience
• Level 3 HACCP
• Level 3 Food Safety
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with customers and suppliers
• A self driven individual with a passion for a right first time culture
• Proactive as an individual but can work collaboratively to achieve the business goals.
This is Monday to Friday role with some hybrid working available.
Salary is £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience and skills.
£30000 - £35000
about 2 months ago