Alexander Steele Ltd (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
We are the controller and responsible for your personal data. We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Full name of legal entity: Alexander Steele Ltd
Name or title of DPO: Courtney Watt
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 21 Young Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4HU
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 2nd October 2018
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
What We Collect From You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to us.
- If you contact Us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we may conduct.
- Other information relevant to the hiring process, customer surveys and/or offers.
What We Collect From Other Sources
- We may use other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
- Technology allows us to search various databases – some publicly available and others not, which may include your personal data (including your CV or Resumé), to find possible candidates to fill our job vacancies. Where we find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
- We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
Uses Made Of Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for our clients.
Where you apply for a job opening through our website or a job board, we rely on your consent, which is freely given by you during the application process, to disclose your personal data to us on the basis described below.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill job vacancies.
Our Promise To You
- We will not share your information for marketing purposes with any non-affiliated or third party companies.
- None of your information will be passed to any of our clients or submitted for a job opportunity without your prior knowledge.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information we store on you, you also have the right to ask us to rectify, erase or restrict the usage of your data. Please contact the DPO listed above.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
What Are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access our site, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the site and we use different types of cookies to run the site.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer and some of our pages may not display properly.
Where Can You Find More Information About Cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/