Back to job search
Distribution Account Manager
A successful craft brewery with a high-quality product range. The instantly recognisable branded products are sold into the UK’s On and Off Trade sectors.
Distribution Account Manager (Wholesale)
M62 Corridor. Liverpool, Manchester, and Leeds areas.
The Wholesaler / Distribution Account Manager is responsible for driving Distributor relationships across North West UK including Greater Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield & Nottingham.
The Distribution Account Manager will not only manage the relationships with our distributors across their territory, but also identify and deliver new business.
The role requires a balance of building a strategic plan for each individual distributor partner on how we access more consumers, ensuring that our brands are available and visible to pubs and bars combined with an execution plan on making it happen.
This plan has to be bespoke to each distributor and will require the Distribution Account Manager to completely understand all of the distributor partners in depth.
• Act as the primary contact between ourselves and our North West UK domestic distributors while ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times.
• Proactively partner with distributors and customers to sell the entire portfolio across the territory.
• Achieve quarterly volume and distribution goals with high level of performance.
• Maintain clear, timely communication; ability to construct comprehensive recaps.
• Establish, maintain and develop relationships with your customer base.
• Schedule and attend meetings with key contacts.
• Track and report Distributor buying trends to Sales and Production management.
• Maintain personal budgets outlined to you.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting and data entry into Sales-i.
• Represent the business at promotions, tastings and special events.
• Conduct distributor/staff educations.
• Ability to work nights/weekends as needed.
• Seek out beer related educational opportunities and keep up to date by reading industry publications.
• Up to date understanding of tax legislation and compliance procedures.
Skills and experience required for this role:
• Strong negotiation principles & technique to ensure the right commercial outcome is achieved. Previous Account/Distributor/wholesaler Management experience – preferable.
• Proven track record in building strong customer relationships.
• Ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
• Proven analytical skills and an understanding of syndicated data is required.
• Strong capability to influence others to focus on our brands ahead of others.
• High level of strategic awareness to work out what is required to succeed across a wide & varied distributor base.
• Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
• Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
• Strong personal drive & focus on results.
• Ability to travel most of the time, as the role is field-based and we would expect the person to be in the market at least 80% of the time.
• Budget and Financial Management.
• Understand the management of Brand Measurement and Trackers.
• Ability to research ideas thoroughly to create and develop evidenced campaigns built on Insights. Clear ability to pitch an idea that is fully formed and thought out.
• Calm in a crisis and know how best to react and communicate.
• Passionate about Marketing, Advertising, PR and Brand Campaigns.
• Your approach is always bang on with our special culture and fit.
£39k + car allow + bonus + benefits.
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please contact Greg Carroll on email@example.com or 07956 621781 for a more in-depth chat about the role.
£36000 - £39000
about 1 month ago