Back to job search
Alexander Steele is delighted to be working exclusively in partnership with one of the fastest growing and innovative food businesses in the UK. Due to rapid growth the business has a an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join their site in London.
This is a fast moving; high volume site and you will have responsibility managing a large team through Shift Managers.
This is a challenging role where the successful candidate has the opportunity to make a genuine difference to the site and the performance of the business. You will need to be proactive with a strong bias for action, commercially astute, able to prioritise and communicate clearly.
• Salary of circa £55,000
• Monday – Friday days based
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Life Assurance
• To manage the production operations in a manner that supports efficient running in order to meet agreed budgeted levels of expenditure on materials and labour.
• A policy of continuous improvement is required that constantly challenges cost and seeks to find ways to minimise cost without compromising quality or safety
• Control usage of raw materials and packaging by ensuring machinery is working satisfactorily and process information is in place for all materials used and available to all members of staff, avoiding unnecessary waste.
• To ensure Hygiene and Food Safety Standards and requirements are in place and monitored accordingly e.g. through Food safety and Hygiene Audits.
• Experience in a high speed / volume food manufacturing facility is essential
• Good knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
• You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and coaching skills
• Driving continuous improvement and able to create an environment where team members consistently push for improved team performance and productivity is essential.
• Will ideally have exposure to lean manufacturing tools and techniques
Long term there will be an opportunity to further your career within the site & the wider group, with a business that has continued to grow.
£55000 - £60000
about 1 year ago