Back to job search
Alexander Steele Continue to partner with a large food manufacturer who supply luxury goods to retailers, wholesale and food service across the world. Due to continuous growth the business have a very exciting opportunity for a Category Development Specialist to join them at their site in London.
• Salary is Circa £40,000 pus bonus
• Enhanced holiday
• Enhanced company pension
• Private health and Medical
• Hybrid working - 3 days from home
As Category Development Specialist you will report in to the Head of Innovation and will be responsible for identifying White Space growth in the business's Food service category by identifying key market trends and increasing opportunities for sales through new product development, project management and effective marketing campaigns.
• Work with internal stakeholders in the business including Technical, Commercial, Production, Procurement, Marketing and Product developers to identify new and innovative NPD opportunities and implement these effectively for customers.
• Attend customer meetings
• Project manage a number of NPD projects from concept to launch.
• Development of customer category plans
• Become an expert with the UK Food service market and with the business's key accounts.
• Carry out product benchmarking, customer reviews and gap analysis on products.
• Educated to degree level in Food Innovation, Food Science, Marketing or relevant experience
• A good working knowledge of product innovation
• A passionate foodie who has a good understanding of the UK food service or retailer market
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, able to build and maintain customer relationships.
• Creative with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent IT skills including MS Excel.
Does this sound like you? Please apply!
For more information please contact Tracey on 0131 370 9191 / 07837566646 or email email@example.com
Category Development Manager
£38000 - £45000
about 1 month ago