Back to job search
Alexander Steele is delighted to be working in partnership with a globally successful food ingredients & food technology business.
Due to a global demand for their technology, they are increasing their market presence within the UK, Europe & further afield. The Group’s recent technical innovation centre provides a leading research & development facility for the industry.
We are currently assisting the business with the recruitment of a new Head of Research and Development / Chief Scientist.
The Chief Scientist as a key member of the senior leadership team and should possess strong leadership skills and the ability to define the scientific direction discovery, innovation, and scale-up activities. The appointment of a Chief Scientist as an executive who manages the scientific, research and technological operations of the Group in relation to the development of its technologies.
This role also involves strategic leadership in R&D, as well as broad expertise in management of early-stage research programs and directing target discovery, innovation and validation activities in the field of alginate and hydrocolloid technologies.
• Fulfil the company’s mission and strategic objectives by advancing assets through discovery, innovation and scale-up activities.
• Formulate, supervise and execute the overall research & development strategy of the company.
• Supervise key discovery experiments and development processes to advance company’s pipeline programs towards development milestones.
• Establish research priorities, resourcing and scientific outcomes to achieve the company’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Supervise the interactions with external commercial, academic, and contract research organizations (CRO), engage external research environment and establish collaborations consistent with internal strategies.
• Mentor and develop direct R&D reports.
• 15 + years of experience in international alginates / hydrocolloids industry in roles focused on discovery, innovation and scale-up activities.
• Education background: strong academic credentials (Masters minimum) in the area of food sciences; and
• A person who is able to travel extensively internationally and can exhibit in their experience having worked in an international business.
• phD Biochemistry / Molecular chemistry / Chemistry / Hydrocolloidal related fields will be beneficial.
• The business can be flexible on location. Based either in the UK or mainland Europe.
• Highly attractive salary connected with performance-related bonuses.
If you would like to learn more about this truly unique opportunity, please apply with your most recent CV or call Richard Steele on 0131 370 9191
£120000 - £200000
30 days ago