Back to job search
Alexander Steele are delighted to be supporting an internationally recognised spirits brand to secure an outstanding new Commercial Finance Manager. The business has recently been through a transition period, establishing itself in the UK as a separate entity. As such, this is an exciting time to the join the business with new investment and growth strategies.
Reporting in to the Finance Director of the business, the successful individual will work in the finance department; working cross-functionally with On and Off Trade sales teams.
• Supporting the Finance Director in the management of the monthly financial business cycle: e.g., analysis of relevant financial KPIs, ownership of volume and financial forecasting process.
• Managing and leading the planning process and calendar; focusing on sales volumes, promoted volumes, trade terms, promotional support down to triple net sales.
• Working closely with the sales teams to develop scenarios related to financial improvements; including Promotion Management, Trade Terms, Value chains and P&L simulations.
• Working with the commercial team to produce and review the value chain ladders – valuating the impact of the frequent price changes on demand and the competitive responses to the company’s price changes.
• Implementing and fostering the “Net Revenue Management” program and culture across the organization, supporting the team in selling “the brands in the right sizes for the right occasion to the right customer at the right price”.
• Reviewing and managing the Brand Portfolio Pricing, assessing the brand strategies and equities, the existing price ladders and evaluating brand-price elasticities. Supporting the management team in implementing the brand-pricing guidance across the portfolio and across sales channels.
• Analyzing and providing insights and guidance for the new product implementation and mix management through a clear SKU and channel segmentation that is based on profitability and growth potential.
• Collaborating in designing a disciplined execution plan, structured by account, that is supported by the right incentives.
• Collaborating proactively in Promotion Management by implementing a structured approach to promotions; understanding both sales and the margin impact of the promotions.
• Proactively support a Trade Terms Management analysis and insights to ensure that ensure that the category profit pool is fairly shared between actors in the Value Chain ladders.
• Degree educated in a business-related discipline.
• Qualified accountant e.g., ACMA etc.
• Proven experience in a similar position is required, preferably in the alcoholic drinks sector.
• Knowledge of and experience in the UK grocery market is preferred.
• Desirable if candidate has knowledge of Oracle BI / Hyperion Essbase tools.
• Fantastic communication and presentation skills.
• Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business. Able to contribute to strategic and operational debate.
Location: Remote working option with travel to the Essex based site once or twice a week
Salary: £65 000 to £68 500 + Car Allowance
Interested applicants can send their CVs to email@example.com
£65000 - £68500
14 days ago