Back to job search
Our client operates within a high hazard process plant. Due to ongoing restructuring and a continued investment in both plant and people, they now have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join their team.
This role will suit an experienced process industry maintenance leader. The site has enormous opportunities for improvement through reliability improvements, improved maintenance practices and input into best practice operations.
This is a reliability and production driven role, with responsibility for the sites’ full maintenance programme (including preventive, risk-based, condition-based and corrective maintenance). There is a significant focus on improving the reliability of the plants to safely deliver the production plan.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Lead a multi skilled (mechanical, electrical, instruments, control systems) maintenance organisation that supports safe and reliable operations to achieve production targets.
• Manages the use of third parties to deliver maintenance. Ensures the sites have the right contracting strategy to support the production plan, at the right value.
• Implement and improve fundamental maintenance and reliability processes including planned and predictive maintenance, shutdown maintenance, criticality analysis, maintenance prioritisation, operator led maintenance, spare parts management, root cause analysis.
• Ensure that all regulatory maintenance commitments are executed safely and efficiently. This will include scheduled inspections and processes to manage HSE critical equipment.
• Management of minor project construction activities, ensuring contractor HSE compliance and adherence to QA in project planning and execution.
• Assure and develop the competence of the maintenance team and support development of operator competence for maintenance activities.
Health and Safety
• Proactively manage the HSE aspects of all maintenance and integrity activities for both Argent and contract maintenance staff.
• Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
• Full responsibility for the safety of team members
• Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
• Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
• To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
• Participate in training and personal development activities as required
• Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
• Relevant Engineering Degree or Apprenticeship (minimum HNC level)
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
• Previous experience working in a multi skilled maintenance management role essential.
• Previous experience of working on a high hazard process plant.
• Previous people management experience is required; ability to manage, organise and engage individuals
• Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements, pressure systems and mechanical systems
• IT literate with knowledge and understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
• Candidate must be tenacious, focussed, solution driven and organised with the ability to get stuck into any problems the plant might throw at them – high levels of energy, commitment and sense of urgency required in an ever-changing environment.
Our client believes in recruiting the very best talent, developing their skills and rewarding them well.
£50000 - £55000
about 1 month ago