Back to job search
Alexander Steele have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join a large FMCG manufacturing business based in Leicestershire. You will report into the Supply Chain Management Director and will be fully responsible for leading and the engineering and maintenance teams.
You must be a highly capable and experienced engineer who has vast experience across different types of equipment and machinery throughout their career as you will be focused on the delivery of the highest level of availability through preventative maintenance operations and fault resolution for automated equipment.
A big part of this role is not only to manage the day to day but to also think strategically around operational improvements. You will be working closely alongside the other senior leaders within the business to increase productivity and maximise the efficiency of the site.
Key Responsibilities (But are not limited to):
- Leads, manages, develops, trains their section leaders and maintenance engineers
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with external partners. Manages the client’s partners within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to continuous improvement
- Ensuring all equipment and services meet or exceed the levels of availability, performance and are delivering agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Organisation of preventive maintenance activities
- Management of site wide Opex and Capex budgets, including holiday buildings and automation
- Development and training of the team, conducting appraisals and providing support
- Leading and maintaining communications of status, performance, and availability of the system.
- Health and Safety organisations in conjunction with the H&S Manager
Skills & Qualifications:
- Recognised academic qualifications, vocational training, or apprentice in an appropriate
- Programme and Project management experience
- Member of a recognised logistics or engineering institute or trade body
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification
- Good working knowledge of Engineering standards and good practice, including mechanical, electrical, control and systems
- Computer literate including strong office skills
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings, 3D models and knowledge of simulation
- Experience operating Warehouse Management and Warehouse Control Systems
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please reach out to Marc Kustra on 07806 785 622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.
£78000 - £80000
10 months ago