Back to job search
Alexander Steele has partnered with a leading global Chemicals business that has an exciting opportunity for a Global Procurement Category Leader to make a discernible impact to their bottom line and contribute to long term strategies for their overall Raw Materials category.
• Provide effective leadership for the Global Raw Material Category, linking the external marketplace with internal business needs through development and execution of a category sourcing strategy.
• Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers, develop and execute strategic account plans.
• Represent the business as the owner of the supplier interface and effectively negotiate contracts across all materials in the category by understanding the marketplace drivers as well as the business’ leverage.
• Ensure compliance to operational integrity procedures, business & financial control processes, training and assessment schedules internally.
• Works closely with Manufacturing technology, Legal, Finance and Sales colleagues and with the Procurement buyers to translate the strategic activity and negotiation into day-to-day operational requirements.
• Developing the sourcing strategies and account plans, for the materials in the category for the 0–5-year horizon, ensuring alignment with component teams and business requirements as well as the external marketplace.
• Tertiary qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Management or equivalent.
• Procurement Category Management experience, developing sourcing strategies within a multinational business (Chemical or Petrochemical industry experience will be advantageous)
• Skilled negotiator with the ability to develop strategic relationships with key suppliers.
• Ability to analyze data and market information and translate that into developing category strategies based on this.
• Strong collaboration, cross-functional and stakeholder engagement skills
Competitive salary package + Bonus + Benefits
The role will be based in the Oxfordshire area (hybrid remote working options available)
This is your opportunity to join a sustainable world-class speciality chemicals business with a presence in more than 65 countries.
£0 - £0
5 days ago