Back to job search
Are you looking for a new position within a fast-paced food manufacturing company?
Alexander Steele is working in partnership with a large food manufacturing company based in West Yorkshire. They are currently looking for an Ingredients Buyer to join their team.
The Ingredients Buyer will work within the Procurement & Stock control team answering directly to the Procurement Manager
The role will be working Monday - Friday and will pay circa £28,000 - £35,000 depending on your experience.
• Responsibility for Ingredients and raw materials ordering
• Expediting materials to fit the production schedule where required
• Collate and analyse category spend data, develop and implement strategic sourcing plans
• Update and Maintain the ERP system including Vendor details and pricing
• Check and report any delivery and / or price discrepancies
• Monitor supplier performance
• Liaise with other departments on pricing and availability of items
• Identify and deliver savings initiatives and maximise benefits from leveraging spend
• Obtain competitive quotes for products on request
• Place purchase orders for stock items and internal requisitions
• Accurately report on a range of topics and communicate to all stakeholders
• Efficiently manage contracts including commercial negotiations & SLAs
• Previous purchasing / buying experience within the food manufacturing sector is highly desirable
• Strong negotiation skills
• CIPS or similar qualification would be beneficial
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc).
If you would like to learn more about this great opportunity, please apply with your most recent CV.
City and Borough of Leeds
£28000 - £35000
28 days ago