Back to job search
We are delighted to be working in partnership once again with an exceptional leading global food manufacturing business. The business has a very exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer join the business.
You will join an incredibly supportive Procurement Team during an exciting period of growth. The Junior Buyer will ensure a continuous supply of raw material, sourcing new materials and undertake procurement projects to ensure they are supplying their customers with high quality and innovative products.
Key accountabilities for the role:
• First point of contact for the planning team for any raw material supply issues - liaise with suppliers to resolve.
• Be proactive in identifying any potential issues with supply risks
• Work with NPD on new materials sourcing whilst supporting innovation
• Ensure ordering and forecasted demand are aligned
• Make sure that SAGE is up to date with prices and contracts
• Support the team with projects
• Requirement to support in other areas of the team when required
• A food science degree or a minimum of 2 years experience working in a food FMCG business
• Strong numerical and analytical skills - Working with excel and reporting
• Have initiative, self motivation and be able to make decisions
• Be hands on and proactive
• Be able to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills
In return our client will offer a salary of £24,000 to £27,000 depending on experience with excellent benefits.
The business will put you through a CIPS qualification and further development training throughout your career.
Monday to Friday working 8.30 - 5pm
£24000 - £27000
about 2 months ago