Back to job search
Key Account Manager
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with an award-winning premium spirits business. They produce award winning whisky, gin and vodka.
The business is investing and growing and they have a fantastic opportunity for a spirits enthusiast to move into key accounts.
The newly created role will be responsible for the following:
• Supporting and delivering the Off Trade strategy for our growing business across the Specialist Retail customer base
• Unlocking and then growing new business with influential independent customers across the UK
• Maximising sales and brand building opportunities across our entire portfolio of whisky, gin and vodka
• Growing distribution for our brands in line with our strategy, both with our direct customer base and although through our wholesale partners
• Executing activation plans with customers, in line with brand guidelines
• Building trade advocacy by training our customer teams and representing The Lakes at trade and consumer events across the UK.
• Collaborate with other functions such as Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance and also feedback to the wider team insights that you gain from customers and observing competitor activity
• Working closely with the rest of the sales team to ensure delivery of the total UK sales strategy
This role is fundamental to our future success and as such, will have exposure to all aspects of the business – senior leadership, the distillery team and regular interaction with all members of the commercial team.
• A good understanding of the independent off trade channel – our customers’ strategies and dynamics of the spirits market
• An ability to win and nurture new business with specialist retailers
• Results-focussed - an ability to build and deliver ambitious growth plans with/through numerous stakeholders. Adaptable, huge amounts of energy, with a “sleeves-rolled up” mentality – willingness to get stuck in as part of a small sales team
• Commercially astute, with strong selling and negotiation skills with a track record in growing business
• Excellent presentation skills, either to a group or one-to-one situation
• Communication and influencing skills
• An ability to prioritise – focussed on the big strategic wins whilst staying focussed on day-to-day customer issues
• A passion for premium spirits and luxury brands
The role is mostly field based in North West England. Ideal locations are Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside or West Yorkshire.
Up to £35k + car allow + bonus + benefits
£30000 - £35000
about 2 months ago