Back to job search
National Account Manager
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with a successful food importer and distributor.
The business is enjoying a sustained period of success and they have a mix of customers including top 4 retailers.
Maternity Cover – National Account Manager (12 months)
• To effectively manage the account/categories to ensure annual turnover and profit targets are achieved.
• The maintain good working relationships with all key stakeholders.
• The develop the account and identify new opportunities for growth.
• Responsible for driving sales, managing product launches and agree promotional activities where possible.
• Robust planning and management of stock levels for each category, ensuring sufficient buffer taking lead times into account.
• Effective communication with internal teams to ensure sound planning of demand and full alignment of all parties involved (production sites, transport, customer)
• Tight administrative account management (contract management, price changes, delivery schedules)
• Drive new ideas with the buyers and deliver plans to bring ideas to fruition.
• Stay informed on market conditions and potential challenges or opportunities to the business, so that all can be manged adequately.
• Relationship management with the buyers- ensure our presence on their radar to maximise inclusion in any upcoming tenders/NPD scouting.
• P&L management- ensure costs come in within budget, and effectively manage any deviation.
• Contracts & prices negotiations with buyers and suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• Experience in retail account management within the food industry.
• Experience working with Own Label categories (managing critical paths and launches)
• Preferably have an understanding of production sites operations and logistics operations
• Experience with pricing/budgeting, planning and forecasting
• Demonstrable commercial skills are required (entrepreneurial flare encouraged)
• High level of numeracy
• Confident to get involved in all aspects of food supply chain
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excell especially)
• Ability to engage, build and maintain relationships
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Proactive and driven to ensure the job gets done.
• Eager to learn and develop
• Resourceful and able to think outside the box
What’s On Offer:
£35-45k + bonus + benefits
The position may become permanent depending on the success of the appointment.
The position is mostly office based in Hertfordshire area.
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please contact Greg on 07956 621 781 for a more in depth chat about the role.
£35000 - £45000
5 days ago