Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment has partnered with a leading FMCG consumer goods business that has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to be responsible for the procurement of all their packaging which consists of a broad range of plastic consumer containers and closures, container labels/sleeves and cardboard amongst other materials.
• Work closely with the Commercial, Marketing and Manufacturing teams to deliver bespoke packaging solutions as required by the business.
• Support the Materials Planning, and Quality Assurance teams to help them resolve any issues with packaging performance.
• Challenge the current ‘status quo’ and devise and implement initiatives to further reduce packaging supply costs.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure that the business has priority access to new packaging developments which could help provide further ‘points of difference.
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Packaging, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent
• At least 3 years buying and procurement experience of plastic packaging (rigids & flexibles) which includes containers, closures, labels, and sleeves.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• You must be a confident self-starter who is able to work on own initiative following initial briefing.
Salary will be circa £35 000 to £40 000 plus benefits
The role will be based onsite in the Leeds area
£30000 - £40000
26 days ago