Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment are working alongside a Scottish Food Manufacturing company to find an enthusiastic Packing Supervisor to join their site in Edinburgh after an internal restructure.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for supervising the packing departments activities daily, achieving team and company objectives through communication and motivation, counselling the team when necessary.
- Responsible for 15-25 people, ensuring the team are compliant with food safety and quality of products produced.
- Understand the flow of work from machines to the despatch area, with a good understanding of how the equipment operates in the packing area.
- Ensuring the team are following GMP’s, always keeping their area clean.
- To train and direct the packing team, promoting team spirit, safety, quality, and productivity.
- Assist, implement and enforce GMP’s with a good understanding of HACCP.
- Manage resources, stock control and traceability systems.
- Through logic and critical thinking, finding the most efficient and cost-effective way to increase packing efficiency.
- Involved in training and continuous improvement of new starts and current staff.
- Experience with supervising a team in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of food processing standards, BRC and hygiene regulations.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Previous experience managing time and resources within a manufacturing site.
- Understanding of HACCP, GMP’s, organic handling procedures, allergen, glass and hard plastic controls and quality related policy.
- 29 days annual leave increasing with time served.
- Monday-Friday, dayshift
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please apply with your most recent CV or get in touch with Aaron Wallace for more information.
£28000 - £30000
about 2 months ago