Back to job search
Alexander Steele has partnered with a leading Food manufacturing business that has an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to be responsible for their Raw & Packaging Materials, developing sourcing strategies that extract maximum value from their current and potential supplier base.
• Proactively purchase the right quality of materials at the lowest possible overall cost while building a supplier base that is reliable and sustainable.
• Negotiate and contract for quality, quantity, price, and service with each supplier
• Regularly review performance with each key supplier
• Accurately predict market pricing for key commodities
• Continuously search for, identify, and capture cost saving opportunities
• Tertiary qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Management or equivalent
• Procurement, Purchasing or Category Management experience within the Food/Drinks manufacturing industry.
• Strong supplier negotiation and supplier management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
Salary will be circa £55 000 to £70 000 + Pension
The role will be based onsite in the West Yorkshire area
£55000 - £70000
17 days ago