Back to job search
Alexander Steele are delighted to be working in partnership for a large Food Manufacturer in the Greater London area who are keen to add an experienced Production & Continuous Improvement Manager to their growing organisation.
Our client has a vacancy in their leadership team due to business growth. As the Production & CI Manager you will report to the General Manager and you will be responsible for sustainable continuous improvements delivering breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost, while building cultural change throughout the organization
In return our client will offer the successful candidate a starting salary of circa £50,000 depending on experience. This is a Monday – Friday role working 8.30pm – 5pm with flexibility required.
Our client are looking for an individual with experience of working within the food manufacturing sector, whether that be within chilled, ambient or frozen products who has managed Shift Teams with a continuous improvement approach, who can clearly provide evidence of delivering positive results, driven change & improved performance whilst having the ability to fully engage the Production Team.
• Reporting into the General Manager you will have operational control, responsible for the whole production area.
• Ensure production targets are hit along with meeting customer standards. Motivate and develop your team
• Liaise with different departments such as Engineering for breakdowns or planned maintenance. Handle all staffing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances and holidays.
• Trains associates in lean tools and techniques (including 7 wastes, 5S, standard work, set-up reduction, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), flow, value stream mapping, etc)
• Coordinates and lead internal audits around Lean principles (5S, standard work, TPM, etc).
• Experience in a fast paced FMCG manufacturing company, food manufacturing experience essential.
• Previously managed teams within a manufacturing environment with multiple production lines. Experience in reducing costs throughout the production area and increasing output.
• Extensive facilitation skills and hands-on experience in continuous improvement manufacturing activities. A strong application knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing techniques and related CI tools are required: Standard Work, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen Events, Value Stream Mapping, OEE, First Hour Full Power, 5S, 7 Wastes, Pit Stop Changeovers, etc. This person should be recognized as a change agent, challenging the status quo to drive to operations excellence.
If you would like to learn more about this great opportunity, please apply with your most recent CV.
£0 - £0
about 2 months ago