Back to job search
Here at Alexander Steele we continue to work in partnership with one of the UK's leading food manufacturing businesses and we are supporting them in their search for a Production Manager
The duties of the Production Manager will include motivating and developing an effective team, which work to specified procedures. You will lead by example in regards to safety and drive a culture of Health, Safety and Sustainability. Ensure all safe systems of work, risk assessments are up to date, trained out and adhered to.
Key responsibilities include;
• Ensure the highest possible standards of hygiene are maintained at all times, site to constantly achieve a BRC AA grade and an SQMS grade A (where relevant)
• Ensure the correct use of protective clothing and any other safety equipment.
• Monitoring and planning holiday leave and overtime cover to ensure the efficient and cost effective running of the plant.
• Conducts and manages regular Performance reviews for site team.
• Ensures that key performance indicators and OEE performance are measured. Where plant efficiency drops below the required level, improvements implemented.
• Identifying training needs and organising accordingly with as little disruption to daily operations as possible; recording and maintaining accurate records of all training.
• Maintaining and continually improving agreed standards of quality and ensuring the implementation of quality assurance procedures.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Carry out any reasonable request as requested by any member of management within the reasonable scope of the role.
• Review all waste streams across the production area and actively reduce waste month on month.
• Assist in the selection process of all new recruits
• Conduct return to work interviews and investigative interviews as necessary, raising issued for follow up with HR.
• 3 year’s experience in culinary food development
• Able to build effective working and key customer relationships
• Demonstrate initiative and innovation
• Organised, self-motivated and proactive
• Current, valid driving licence
• Able to travel to customers within the UK and abroad
• Exhibit strong team working skills, willing and able to effectively work in all areas of NPD function
• Able to work in the Pilot plant and Production with a range of equipment
• Able to influence at all levels
• Effective Time Management and project prioritisation skills
• Experience as main project lead from concept to implementation
• Ability to train and develop junior team members
• Knowledgeable and experienced in working within Lean principles
Our client will pay a salary of £40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
The working hours for this role at Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
£40000 - £45000
about 2 months ago