Back to job search
Alexander Steele continues to work in partnership with this wonderful, chilled food manufacturer based in the North East of England who are currently looking to recruit a permanent Production Team Manager.
This role will be a Monday – Friday, days-based role, and is paying circa £36,000 per annum.
Reporting directly into the Manufacturing Manager, your role is to lead, develop and manage the shift team, through the Team Leaders to consistently deliver a high quality product, in an efficient and cost effective manner and in a safe and hygienic environment. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the Production area whilst on shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure defined production standards are met
• Manager motivate and lead the team to deliver the production plan
• Ensure customer service levels & KPI’s are consistently achieved
• Ensure all hazards are identified, the risks assessed and all control measures implement and maintained
• Contribute and fully support the Company Health and Safety Policy
• Lead, develop, inspire and motivate the team to attain performance improvement and drive and upward improvement in the skills and performance of all direct reports
• Liaise with the Technical & Quality Control team to identify quality issues, ensuring all investigation are thorough and appropriate action is taken and recorded with preventative measures in place
• Maintaining compliance against internal and customer audit requirements
• Maintain work areas in accordance with world class manufacturing standards of hygiene
• Control and reduce material wastage usage levels
• Measure and analyse downtime and implement corrective actions
• Ensure Company Discipline and Grievance Procedures are followed including conducting investigations, chairing grievance and disciplinary hearings/
• Previous Food FMCG management experience
• Proven people management experience
• Experience in driving the Health & Safety culture
• Continuous improvement
• Managing KPI’s and adherence
• Preparing and supporting the business audit by major retailers and driving improvement
• Be hands on, flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills.
Sound Interesting? If you would like to find out more information, please apply with your most recent version of your CV or call us and ask for Richard Steele.
Tyne & Wear
£35000 - £37000
2 months ago