Back to job search
Project Development Assistant
Alexander Steele are working with a successful food manufacturing business.
No day is the same! Assisting the Project Manager and Product Development Team on the day to day running of projects. Liaising with customers and suppliers to get different products from
NPD approval to launch, meeting critical timelines. Mainly office based, but some travelling will be required. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Creating Product Briefs
• Ingredients or products sample requests
• Preparation of samples for external and internal review
• To co-ordinate all aspects of samples submissions (request, preparation, storing, transport).
• Participate in taste panels and organoleptic reviews
• Some invoicing on Company’s ERP system
• Cooking instructions validation (internal or 3rd party if required)
• Assist on specification writing – own specifications or Customer’s platform specifications
• Shop/Supermarket visits
• Liaising with other company departments and also suppliers and customers
• Potential visits to customers/suppliers’ factories and offices – UK and Global (attending
• presentations, product attribute sessions, trial productions, etc)
• Working as a key member of the New Product Development team
• Assisting with general admin and filing
• Willing to undertake ad hoc jobs and become a key member of the team.
Candidates will need to have:
• Interest in food
• Attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication
• Good numerical skills, Microsoft Office skills, Excel and Power Point mainly
• As well as being part of the team, you'll be expected to work on your own and use your own
• initiative at times so you have to have a confident, outgoing nature.
• Driving licence and willing to travel
• Some flexibility with working hours
Full training will be given to the right candidate
£25k + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working – Hertfordshire based
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
£25000 - £25000
29 days ago