Back to job search
Our client is a global producer of a wide range of products.
Due to an ongoing commitment to quality and product integrity, they now have a new and exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to play a key role within their Ayrshire site.
This role sits within the Compliance Team with a direct reporting line to the Quality Manager. This role will actively lead the data collection, trend analysis, investigation and improvements to processes, products and systems and attain continuous improvement.
There’s a lot to do! – we are looking for a high energy and target driven individual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with Production, Technical and Engineering teams to resolve quality related issues arising from customer complaints/concerns and internal incidents
• Facilitate investigations and resolution of related quality issues
• Work with the technical support and manufacturing to create and/or modify methods and procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate processes and/or products are developed, tests are conducted, and that products, materials, and manufacturing equipment meet required standards
• Lead problem solving activities utilising industry standard methodologies: 8D’s, 5 why’s, 3C, DMAIC, Ishikawa fish bone diagrams, FMEA’s
• Strive to enhance efficiency in procedures and processes without a compromise in quality and identify and implement opportunities for improvement across the operational facility
• Perform statistical analysis to analyse trends and work with the manufacturing department to investigate trends, conduct root cause analysis, risk assessments and lead corrective actions for processes and products
• Support NPI activities and projects at the site including the facilitation of Kaizen events and supporting the other Quality team members on process improvement activities
• Maintain working knowledge of Regulatory and Quality System requirements
• Utilise the Nav system for non-conformances, deviations, corrective and preventative actions
• Apply change controls and provide training, support and facilitate the change control process within operations
• Participate in the Internal and External Quality Audit teams
• Must be an experienced Quality Professional preferably from a manufacturing background
• Proven quality experience and working knowledge of compliance, quality and engineering principles
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and effectively interact with all levels in the company
• Well organised individual who enjoys setting and meeting targets
• Perform independently without continual direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and solutions to complex problems
Our client believes in recruiting the very best people, developing their talents and rewarding them well. If you are a genuine team player and want to be part of a positive and driven team, please get in touch.
£40000 - £45000
15 days ago