Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment are working in partnership with a large UK food manufacturing business who are looking for Quality First Line Manager to join them at their site in Lanarkshire
As Quality First Line Manager you will be responsible for monitoring and evaluation of the products throughout the manufacturing process. You will conduct audits to ensure compliance against the company Quality and Technical procedures. Continuous improvement is key in this role and the job will be instrumental in driving excellent quality on site through risk assessment and establish and implement root cause solutions.
• Conduct Internal Audits covering the site QMS, GMP & HACCP verifications. Ensuring any NCs raised during these audits are closed in a timely manner.
• Conducting shelf life, Taste Panel & QAS assessment of finished products. Responsible for highlighting details of non-compliance to Assurance Managers and FLM’s and follow up of corrective actions.
• Carry out Traceability, Compliance & Mass Balance exercises on Finished Product and Raw Materials/Packaging within a four-hour time period.
• Calibration of key analytical equipment such as Scales, Temperature Probes, Aw Meter, Moisture Meter, PH Meter, Chemical dosing units etc.
• Conducting Chill & Temp room temperature monitoring.
• Issue of Metal Detection/X-Ray test pieces at the frequency determined by the site procedure. Programming of the metal detectors and x ray and problem solving.
• Responsible for supporting the Assurance Manager in conducting investigations to establish root cause of Customer Complaints and Food Safety related incidents and to implement controls to prevent recurrence.
• Monitoring process controls and investigating instances of non-compliance to establish root cause.
• Support in writing customer QAS’s and the internal process of implementing new products.
• Competent in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Trained Internal / Lead Auditor Qualifications
• Proficient in HACCP and Food Safety Standards.
• A strong awareness of allergen controls.
• Knowledge / experience of microbiological standards within a food safety culture.
• Good communications skills to lead cross functional teams, provide training and support to drive quality continuous improvements throughout the site and report back to the wider business.
• Flexible, with a hands-on approach.
• An understanding of, or experience in, quality standards such as ISO, TQM and other quality-based systems.
The salary for this role is £34,000 working 4 on 4 off
If you think this is the role for you please apply along with your CV or for more information please contact Tracey at Alexander Steele Recruitment
Quality First Line Manager
£32000 - £34000
11 months ago