Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment are working in partnership with a large UK food manufacturing business who are looking for Quality Manager to join them at their site in Lanarkshire
As Quality Manager you will be responsible for implementing the Quality Standards, Systems and Processes for the company’s products, in line with group policy, and ensure these meet or exceed customer’s requirements and ensure full compliance as per the site vision.
You must strive for continuous improvement in all areas of operation and be responsible for ensuring quality assurance which is instrumental to delivering great value, safe, innovative and quality assured products.
The main KPIs for this role:
Zero product withdrawals in relation to any Technical, Compliance or Quality issues.
Green Status Audit Outcome – Achievement of customer green or equivalent status. Retail BRC grade A.
Improving Internal non-conformances
Improvements in key Technical delivery areas on site – GMP score, product holds etc
The essential candidate requirements for the role:
• Educated to degree level or the equivalent relevant work experience
• A strong technical background
• Experience of leading and motivating a site QA function
• Must have an in depth knowledge of relevant legislations and industry standards
• Be very knowledgeable with Food Safety, Sanitation, Microbiology and Quality Assurance
• An experienced auditor with an in-depth working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Internal Auditing Systems.
• Experience of process control and the launch of products in a production environment.
• Confident in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Experience in responsibility to keep up-to-date on legislative/regulatory changes, the wide range of customer standards and ensuring what is relevant to FFG is applied and appropriately communicated and understood.
• Experience in a food production environment in dealing with UK retailers
• Implementation of HACCP and QA programmes.
• An understanding of, or experience in, quality standards such as ISO, TQM and other quality based systems.
• Trained as an internal auditor.
Working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
Our client is paying a salary of £40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
If you think this is the role for you please apply along with a current CV. For more information please contact Tracey on 0131 370 9191 / 07837566646 or email email@example.com
£40000 - £45000
about 1 month ago