Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment are working in partnership with a wonderful food manufacturer, based in the North East of England.
We are currently assisting the business to recruit a new Reliability Engineer on a permanent basis. As the Reliability Engineer you will work as part of an engineering team reporting to the Site Engineering Manager and working closely with the Engineering Maintenance Manager to ensure optimum plant efficiency.
This will be a Monday – Friday days-based role and the salary on offer is circa £42,000.
• Develop and maintain all reliability plans with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
• Identify and report on all potential failures within a process.
• To use Engineering analysis to identify an ongoing improvement plan for the site to ensure 100% plant availability.
• Maintain an up-to-date Asset Care register for all of the plant and equipment on site ensuring any modifications are captured and communicated.
• Lead the Engineering teams to take ownership of countermeasures that have been identified, plan and implement accordingly.
• Take a proactive role to take all actions to reduce downtime and increase efficiencies.
• Participate in an ‘open and honest’ culture to discuss any issues. Mistakes happen, lets discuss and resolve.
• Assist with the training and development of others where appropriate.
• Ensure effective communication.
• Undertake any additional responsibilities as required.
• Promote and participate in Food Safety Culture and GMP.
• Time served engineer, HNC or ONC Qualification.
• Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of GMP and HACCP.
• Demonstrate compliance with all requirements of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy. You and your team pursue safe working practices. You must take action if any machinery or your working environment becomes unsafe or if you see anyone doing anything unsafe. Any such instances are to be documented and reported.
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please apply with your most recent CV or contact Richard Steele on 0131 370 9191 for more information about the role.
Tyne & Wear
£43000 - £48000
7 months ago