Back to job search
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with an award-winning food manufacturer. The business produces high quality products or the UK’s major retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Boots, Aldi and more.
The business produces high quality products with a strong USP. They are a young company who are in an exciting period of growth.
Responsible for developing and implementing a UK sales strategy that delivers the businesses ambitious growth plans across a multichannel customer base. As UK Sales Controller you will look to develop new and existing business in line with company expectation. This is an autonomous, hands-on leadership role with the UK Sales Controller taking full accountability for the UK commercial side of the business.
• In line with company expectations, ensure that all sales targets are met and exceeded.
• Control & monitor costs and overheads within budgeted levels
• Create and implement a sales strategy for each trade sector (Multiples, Wholesale and E-commerce).
• Deliver an accurate sales forecast by utilising the relevant company procedures.
• Conduct market analysis in order to develop new business opportunities by identifying new market channels as well as increasing market share with existing customers.
• Lead on new business wins, whilst also managing the businesses current key Accounts.
• Manage UK 3rd party distributors ensuring all deliver against key targets and objectives, with quarterly reviews against plan to be implemented and corrective action to be affected where relevant.
• Inspire a mixed team of employees, and distributors to deliver and exceed the company’s expectations.
• Proactively contribute to broader business debate and planning where appropriate.
• A strong understanding of the food industry
• Excellent strategic account management skills with the ability to develop new business opportunities.
• A strong communicator that is able to build key relationships from board level down, both internally and externally.
• Contributes pro-actively, positively and professionally to formal and informal discussions with all colleagues,
• An autonomous sales leader that is able to take ownership of the strategic vision for the business.
• Effective decision maker, identifies problems early and responds in a timely fashion
• Moves with pace and drive and demonstrates enthusiasm
• Positive, 'can do' attitude
• Good time management skills – ability to manage multi tasked agenda effectively
• Good analytical skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
*The role is a mix of home, office and travel to visit customers*
The office is in Greater Manchester
What’s on offer:
£50-60k + bonus + benefits
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
£50000 - £60000
2 months ago