Back to job search
Group Sales Manager
Alexander Steele are working with a successful UK Food Group. They produce a range of ambient and chilled products for the UK’s major retail, food service and B2B channels.
Group Sales Manager
The Group Sales Manager will drive the development and execution of a commercial plans for several of our business units. The successful candidate will build strong customer engagement and drive margin growth. They will also develop relationships and coalitions with partners and suppliers to enable and accelerate business initiatives.
• The role will be at the pivotal point all matters relating to Sales & Marketing across three different business units.
• The role will be critical in driving the commercial agenda
Key scope / Accountabilities for the Role:
The role provides an expansive accountability brief, including, but not limited to:
• Delivering profitable growth to meet /exceed budgeted targets within agreed cost parameters on all facets of the product portfolio.
• Adopting a potent “ambassadorial” presence and positive working relationships with key external interfaces such as industry & trade associations, professional bodies & the media
• Proactively developing & nurturing mutually beneficial relationships with customers & suppliers, to ensure “favoured partner status” with all key external partners & relationships.
• Creatively attract, develop & retain “best-of-the-best” talent, to ensure that the Group maintains a high bar for qualitative standards of talent sourcing, and that we maintain optimum organisational structures & bench-strength, to both effectively meet current goals, and to build our capabilities for the future.
• Expertly utilise our trade & consumer marketing investment
• Develop & and implement pricing strategies which maximise product margin and support the desired brand proposition and positioning.
Key Experience & Skills Profile:
• From plus 8 years senior commercial leadership & management experience in all facets of the Commercial domain with a strong Marketing bias. Experienced gained in Tier 1 Food / Consumer Packaged Goods companies. Ideally Chilled
• You will already have assumed senior commercial status or an equivalent level within your current company, or a recent career role
• Proven track record of driving significant growth through clear execution on commercial strategies within a food business.
• A blend of Commercial management experience gained in both public & privately-owned businesses
• A deep cross-disciplinary/cross-functional level of experience, and a proven track-record of understanding, & nurturing mutually positive relationships with key functions in your “supply chain” such as Operations & Finance
The role is hybrid. We’d like someone based in Southern England
Up to £80k + car/allow + bonus + benefits
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
£70000 - £80000
18 days ago