Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment are working with an award-winning food manufacturer who make quality bespoke products for UK retailers and Food Service. They are looking for a Specification Technologist to join their Technical Function.
The Specification Technologist is a crucial role within the Technical Team to ensure food safety, quality and legislative compliance whilst striving to improves systems and processes for efficiency.
• Creation of initial and full customer specifications.
• Creation of artwork for labelling to required standards.
• Maintaining specifications.
• Liaise with customers and auditing bodies for all technical queries.
• Maintaining of the supplier approval systems, specifications and related risk assessments.
• Leading the scale up process from development to first production run.
• Supporting the technical team and wider business during day-to-day operations, customer visits and audits.
• Liaising with the senior management team on technical matters.
• Support project teams to focus on specific short-, medium- and long-term goals.
• Experience of writing food specifications
• A BSc or food related degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent working knowledge Microsoft Applications
• Experience of technical food standards such as Food Safety and Quality Standards
• Experience of working within an administration role or technical based role
• Analytical, thorough and accurate
• Able to demonstrate ability to build effective working relationships
• Knowledge of basic food law
• Able to work effectively with customers and suppliers
The role is working Monday to Friday and our client is offer a salary of £25,000 to £32,000 depending on experience.
If you for the criteria for this role please apply along with an up to date CV or for more information please contact Tracey on 0131 370 9191 or email email@example.com
£25000 - £32000
13 days ago