Back to job search
Alexander Steele are delighted to be working with this large and innovative business on an exciting role! Our client is looking for a Technical Account Manager to join their team at their site in Southall.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the Technical Account Manager will be responsible for managing all technical aspects of a large retailer account for products manufactured in the UK, to be the key contact for the customer technical contacts and to ensure that out client is seen as a proactive supplier of quality products. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with HR, H&S, Food Safety, Quality & hygiene policies.
Tasks will include:
• Product specifications: Creating, maintaining and updating all customer specs accurately.
• Customer complaints: Responding to all customer complaints within agreed timelines. Review weekly complaints, set account budget complaint cost targets yearly.
• Audits / Customer visits: Organising and supporting the site with customer audits and visits, undertaking pre audits / pre visits as needed, following up on outcomes / actions from audits and undertake internal audits against customer COPs and safety observations tours when requested.
• Codes of Practice: Ensuring Customer COPs are understood by sites and providing site training when required to ensure best practice is shared.
• Product launches: Be fully involved in all technical aspects of EPD / NPD projects to make sure they are delivered on time and to the agreed standards. New line forms, specs and required nutritional analysis are completed as required.
• Product changes / transfers: Make sure any proposed changes related to products are discussed and explained to the customer ensuring that specified COPs / customer requirements are observed.
• Reporting: Have regular meetings with key customer technical contacts. Completion of customer technical scorecards, reporting and questionnaires in-line with timelines. Presenting at customer quality benchmarking sessions with key site operational & technical staff. Supply Technical Director with monthly KPI charts and ensure appropriate reporting for specific site external accreditation.
• Policy & Procedure Compliance: Following the company's hygiene and GMP at all times, attend relevant training courses including company induction, H&S, manual handling and Food Safety training.
This is not an exhaustive list of all job tasks and you may be expected to carry out any reasonable duties or requests that are not included above.
The candidate essentials:
• Have a degree in food or the equivalent in experience working within food manufacturing
• Good knowledge of food safety and GMP
• Experience dealing with UK Retailers
• Good interpersonal skills dealing professionally with contacts both within and outside of the company
• Knowledge of food manufacturing processes
• Computer literate (Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint)
• Full drivers licence
• Understanding on Food Technology
• Good level of written and verbal French
This is a Monday to Friday role - working 3 days from the site in Southall and 2 days from home.
There will be requirement to visit the retailer head office in London and also the chance to travel to Europe to the company's head office.
The salary for this role is £40,000, a company car and benefits.
If you feel that this is the role for you please apply!
If you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact Tracey on 0131 370 9191 / 07837566646 or email email@example.com
£40000 - £40000
19 days ago