Back to job search
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with large, chilled, food manufacturing company, who despite current market conditions, are going from strength to strength.
The business supplies directly into the major UK retailer’s and supply B2B and into the Foodservice sector. They are currently looking to recruit a Site Technical Manager for their site in the Greater Manchester area.
The business is looking to pay circa £55,000 to the successful candidate.
• To manage the quality assurance function working with and through the Operations team to reduce quality risk to ensure control and compliance.
• To be the primary point of contact between the Company and customers with regard to technical issues ensuring products are fit for purpose and meet customer expectations.
• Ensure all the suppliers are approved and that TACCP and VACCP studies of our supplier base is adequately in place.
• To develop the QMS system to ensure continued improvement
• To devise & implementing a strategy which ensures the business operates best practice for food safety
• To develop, through networking and effective communication strong relationships with customers and potential suppliers.
• To manage the auditing of staff in relation to food safety elements of the business by increasing awareness and explaining the reasons for change.
• Previous Technical Management experience is essential.
• Experienced in a technical leadership role within the food manufacturing sector
• Excellent working knowledge of HACCP, BRC standards and food legislation
• Degree in Food Science / Technology or similar is preferred
• HACCP Level 3 and Food Safety Level 3 certification is required
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please apply with your most recent CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
£50000 - £55000
23 days ago