Back to job search
We are working exclusively with a leading player in the frozen food manufacturing industry, committed to delivering high-quality and delicious food products to major UK Retailers. With a long history of innovation and a dedication to excellence, the business take pride in producing a wide range of products that cater to diverse tastes and preferences. As the business continues to grow, they are seeking a talented and experienced Technical Manager to join their facility in Middlesbrough.
Salary is £60,000 - £70,000 doe
33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
Enhanced matched pension
2x salary life insurance
The role: As the Technical Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and safety of our frozen food products. You will lead a team of professionals responsible for various aspects of product development, quality control, and food safety. The successful candidate will be a proactive problem-solver, a strategic thinker, and an expert in food manufacturing processes
• Enforce compliance with site Quality systems, legal requirements, and governance standards.
• Manage and report on technical due diligence while upholding business technical integrity.
• Lead site efforts to meet BRC and customer COP (Codes of Practice) requirements.
• Support the maintenance of product specifications and drive hygiene standards.
• Keep the Technical Team informed about updates and changes in Customer Codes of Practice, implementing necessary changes within the organisation.
• Maintain and fully implement the HACCP system, providing effective training to teams on process flows and system alignment.
• Establish and uphold Microbiological standards in alignment with Customer Codes of Practice to ensure food safety and due diligence.
• Implement and ensure compliance with Group Technical Policies and Procedures.
• Review and approve all technical documentation before implementation.
• Coordinate and allocate resources and personnel for all Customer and third-party audits.
• Review, update, and maintain all Technical and Quality audit processes.
• Oversee the Recall/Withdrawal system on-site as the Technical. Lead.
• Serve as the site Technical lead for all customer-related technical inquiries, ensuring customer technical representatives have the required information.
• Promote safe working practices in both Food Safety and Health & Safety among all personnel.
• Respond to reasonable requests from the Site Manager and Directors.
• Attend customer seminars and business meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate for this business will be an experienced Technical Manager who will have high care / high risk experience. You will have experience working with all UK retailers (M&S experience is an advantage!).
• A degree in food science / technologist / science or equivalent.
• BRC, HACCP and Lead Auditor qualifications.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to form and maintain excellent working relationships
• Good IT skills.
If you think this is the role for you please apply with an up to date CV or for more information please contact Tracey at Alexander Steele Recruitment on 0131 370 9191 / 07837566646 / email@example.com.
£60000 - £70000
2 months ago