Back to job search
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of our largest clients who have sites across the UK with a global supply chain. Our client supply quality horticultural products to all of the UK's major retailers and beyond. They are looking for a Graduate Horticultural Assistant to join their Technical function in Bedfordshire
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the responsibility of the Graduate Horticultural Assistant is to carry out shelf life trails of their products and support the business Technical functions whilst working closely with the commercial, NPD and product teams.
• Ensure all shelf life trial processes and administration are up to date and are completed clearly and accurately.
• Complete period KPI reports for management meetings and monthly updates.
• Generate trial reports and maintain trial databases.
• Generate daily and weekly customer reports and performance databases; investigate continuous product and supplier issues where required.
• Update all weekly and monthly customer reports and generate traceability of failing products for technical team as required.
• Schedule projects and trials from concept to delivery.
• Schedule calibration of scales, temperature probes and dosing units and ensure all calibration certificates are kept up to date.
• Ensure that the trials areas are maintained at the highest level.
• Effectively manage the space within the trials area to accommodate samples and trials.
• Report equipment faults immediately to Line Manager
The Candidate requirements;
• A degree in food or agricultural
• Sound IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Have accuracy and attention to detail skills.
• Excellent communication skills – able to be clear and concise.
• Excellent numeracy skills.
• Willing to be flexible and to learn and develop with a proactive, can do, positive demeanour.
• Car driving licence holder with use of own vehicle.
Our client will pay a salary of £24,000 to £27,000 depending on experience.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm. There is a requirement to work extra hours during peak time of the year for the business.
If you think this is the role for you please apply with an up to date CV. For more information please contact Tracey on 0131 370 9191 / 07837566646 or email email@example.com
£24000 - £27000
about 1 month ago