Back to job search
Alexander Steele continues to work in partnership with this wonderful, chilled food manufacturer based in the Northeast of England who are currently looking to recruit a permanent Warehouse and Logistics Manager
This role will be a Monday – Friday, days-based role, and is paying circa £40,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Reporting directly into the Site Manager, you'll be a vital part of the supply chain in a fast-growing business. You'll manage and develop the processes and systems to ensure effective use of time and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To engage as an active member of the Management Team to ensure the future success of the site providing leadership and direction to the business
• Responsible for the tracking and delivery of goods in and dispatch KPIs in health & safety, quality, OEE, labour/materials budgets and service including the articulation of corrective action plans where required
• Liaising with external partners to optimise the loading and unloading of trucks to both ensure customer orders are fulfilled and to manage the workload within warehouse operations.
• Ensure that the Health & Safety of all employees is protected by delivering a site health & safety plan that ensures continuous improvement and meets legislative requirements
• To support the development of, and gain commitment to, the Goods In and Despatch strategy, including ways to flexibly meet fluctuations in demand as part of the overall business objectives based on a continuous review of best practise.
• Be an active participant in and champion of Continuous Improvement establishing and improving daily rituals
• To support the growth of engagement at work through effective employee appraisals and development plans throughout the operations teams
• To actively support communication through the business at all levels
• Strong background in Stock Management & Logistics within a FMCG environment.
• Strong management experience. This role will require you to manage a team of over 25 staff in the Warehouse.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Good time management.
Sound Interesting? If you would like to find out more information, please apply with your most recent version of your CV or call Alexander Steele Recruitment and ask for Richard Steele.
Tyne & Wear
£40000 - £45000
14 days ago