Back to job search
Alexander Steele is delighted to continue working with this luxury food brand based in the West Midlands during an exciting time for the business. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced permanent Warehouse Operative to join their growing team.
Our client pride themselves on providing the highest standard of products to their customers and to help ensure this happens the Warehouse Operatives key responsibilities will be:
• Obtaining products from deliveries; Checks of delivery vehicles, inspection of packaging, temperature checks of products, quality checks to ensure the products are as expected, reworking of any product issues, label creation, completion of records, updating the stock control system and following a clean as you go policy.
• Stock management; Placing stock into the correct storage environments, following company rotation of goods system, placing goods from storage into stock pick locations, identifying issues with stock before placement, scanning goods into location, helping pickers identify stock when required.
• Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary to report any issues, concerns and the completion of tasks.
• Identifying outstanding deliveries and the backorder list throughout the day and ensuring that issues are identified and dealt with efficiently.
• Picking orders to meet dispatch times; orders are picked in a chiller and scanned using a hand-held device.
• Packing of products into boxes and meeting storage requirements for orders. Maintaining the quality of the product for transit.
• Counterbalance FLT use for the unloading of goods and to manage stock.
Our client is looking for a candidate that has previous experience of working in warehousing and manual handling along with the use of ERP systems.
• You must be a self motivated individual with the ability to multitask whilst ensuring a high standard of work.
• You need to have good observational skills, be an analytical thinker and pride yourself on having a high attention to detail.
• A strong sense of hygiene and housekeeping plus excellent organisational and time management skills is a must for this role.
• The environment that you will be working in is high pressured and has strict deadlines and you will be required to work as part of a team but also confidently alone when required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good level of numeracy
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, , Outlook etc.
• Comfortable with web based product specification and management database systems
• Be a personable individual and able to liaise with colleagues confidently.
• Counterbalance FLT and a drivers license is essential.
Our client is offering up to £20,000 per annum, 4 weeks holiday plus statutory holiday, a company pension and an employee discount.
Do you think you have what it takes to do this role? If so, please submit your CV by applying through this advert. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please do not hesitate to contact Tracey Fleming on 0131 370 9191 or email email@example.com
£19000 - £20000
26 days ago