Back to job search
Alexander Steele has partnered with a ground-breaking business that is producing a range of environmentally sustainable products. They work with some leading global FMCG businesses and have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Specialist to work primarily with the Product Development Managers and support the development of their edible packaging products.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting the Research and Development team in material research and characterisation studies
• Supporting the production of customer samples as required
• Supporting other technical projects within the Research and Development function such as analytical measurements of materials
• Provide assistance to the Lab Manager to keep the food lab to specification, cleanliness, checking of raw ingredients, appropriate quality measures and equipment maintenance
Salary will be circa £25,000 to £30 000, plus benefits and share options
Remote working option available, with travel to the Cambridge based site 3 to 4 times a week.
• A Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Food Science or equivalent
• Applications, NPD, or R&D experience working with bio-based materials, resins or Packaging (films/coatings) in a Food, Beverage/Drinks, Homecare, Personal Care or Cosmetics manufacturing environment is required.
• Experience of supporting a team and executing experiments with close attention to detail
• Must be a right fit for a small, science-led, innovative team with a high level of autonomy, creativity, and independence.
£25000 - £30000
7 months ago