Back to job search
Alexander Steele have partnered with a leading, global food manufacturing business who are going through significant growth in the UK so they are looking to appoint a Category Buyer to their central procurement team which is based at their site in Bedfordshire.
• Highly competitive salary
• Mon - Fri Hybrid role - 2 days on site minimum
• 32 days holiday + bank holidays
• Enhanced company pension
• Private healthcare
• Life insurance
The role: As Category buyer you will report in to and the support the Procurement Manager with the following
• Preparing and coordinating negotiations in line with the business formats
• Assisting in contract negotiations with suppliers across the UK and Europe.
• Offer assistance in reducing risks associated with certain practices, like relying too much on one supplier and planning for unexpected situations.
• Track the progress of using dual suppliers and optimising value.
• Ensure you are tracking market trends and offer valuable insights
• Build effective relationships with suppliers
• Join group audits, compile meeting reports, and ensure follow-up on tasks.
• Source and bring new suppliers into the business to help increase spend centrally and widen the pool of opportunity.
• At least 2 years experience in a direct Buying, Purchasing or Procurement experience within a Food Manufacturing / food agent and broker environment
• Ability to travel to Europe regularly as part of the role
• Strong communication and diplomatic negotiation skills
• Strategic sourcing experience
• Be self-motivated and confident in decision making
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
If you think this is the role for you please apply with an up to date CV or for more information please contact Tracey at Alexander Steele Recruitment on 0131 370 9191 / 07837 566646 / firstname.lastname@example.org
£0 - £0
15 days ago