Back to job search
Purpose of the Role:
To join the Category Team and act as a key advocate of category management both internally and externally with our customers. Build compelling category-based rationale for NPD, to excite and delight Shoppers and our customers, plus continually analyse and understand category dynamics, in order to develop category led customer facing relationships for the business.
Some of the Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Understand key drivers of category and retailer performance throughout the year and at key seasons.
• Have a natural curiosity for data and a passion for understanding the category dynamics and share learnings internally and externally with Retailers.
• To be comfortable with analysing multiple sources of data and connecting to the ‘so what’ to craft compelling customer facing stories, to present at both internal meetings and externally with customers. Input into internal distribution and ROS targets for NPD. Share performance updates and insights at monthly Commercial meetings.
• Track competitor activity, including promotions and levels of off shelf feature for new product launches and core lines, to understand performance impact within the Category. Review NPD ROS and distribution build vs launch targets. Be the ‘eyes and ears’ for the business on the external market, to understand best practice execution by channel, to help bring the external world in to us.
• Achieve the balance of working closely with key retailers to build trust and objectivity, through independent relationship, to be seen as the expert in our category and the Retailers’ trusted advisor, but also in close partnership with the Sales team/Controllers, being effective at managing key stakeholders internally within the business. Understand our product range across core and seasonal, to optimize share of shelf and position, at range reviews.
• Understand the Point of purchase drivers - distribution, availability/display ,range and promotion and continually focus on optimizing these with key customers.
Category Team Support:
• Supporting the Customer Marketing Controller in developing and deploying the category strategy and acting as a key ambassador, leading the business to a Category based selling approach.
• Continuously identifying growth opportunities for the business and the category and proactively building external relationships.
• Work with Marketing and Trade marketing, to support the voice of shopper at all stages of NPD development and Core, to support increased focus on in store execution.
• Building planograms to support NPD
Package and Location:
• Hybrid working in place, office in West Yorkshire
• Up to £55k + bonus + benefits
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please contact Greg at email@example.com
£45000 - £55000
4 months ago