Back to job search
Alexander Steele Recruitment has partnered with a leading Food manufacturing business that is urgently looking for a Materials Planner to control the scheduling and forecasting of materials, goods and products inbound to the business from its supply chain companies.
You will be required to ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity.
• Schedule the supply of materials/components in line with forecast to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
• Maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
• Utilise the SAP Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) to ensure that data is accurate and up to date
• Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels
• Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
• Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
• Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
• A tertiary qualification in Supply Chain, Business Management, Logistics or equivalent.
• At least 2 to 4 years Materials, Supply, Production, or Inventory Planning experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment.
• Long lead time management of materials is required, such as shipping in materials (packaging) from international suppliers
• Good understanding of supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems, such as SAP.
• Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
Salary will be circa £30K to £40K + Pension
The role will be based onsite at their plant in the London area.
£35000 - £40000
12 days ago