Back to job search
Here at Alexander Steele Recruitment we continue to partner with a global food manufacturer who supply a vast range of food products to UK retailer and Food Service outlets. The business has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Packaging Technologist to join their UK innovation team at their site in Leicestershire.
• Salary is circa £50,000 + bonus
• Working Mon - Fri with 2 days WFH
• 33 days holiday
• Enhanced company pension
• Medical scheme
• Excellent career development opportunities
The role of a Packaging Technologist involves taking lead of the technical aspects of packaging development. Reporting to Head of NPD and Innovation, the Senior Packaging Technologist plays a crucial role in the entire life cycle of packaging, from sourcing, designing and development of packaging with a focus on responsding to new packging briefs;
• Leading all packaging projects
• Drive sustainability agenda actoss all packaging
• Assure adherence of packaging products to predefined requirements and specification.
• Produce prototypes for the purpose of evaluating diverse materials and design options.
• Work cross functionally with Commercial, Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations, and Suppliers, facilitating seamless project delivery aligned with key business objectives.
• Work closely with suppliers to identify packaging solutions and recognise opportunities for cost reduction without compromising quality standards.
• Conduct packaging trials to assess suitability and evaluate performance across diverse conditions.
• Oversee artwork development throughout the organisation), engaging with graphic designers (both internal and external) to ensure accurate artwork creation.
• Maintain current knowledge of technological advancements in the packaging field.
• Packaging Development experience with a strong understanding of packaging components, supplier and manufacturing processes.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Be organised and be able to manage multiple projects
• Proactive and creative approach to problem solving
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to strict deadlines
• Sound understanding and experience of financial / cost management
If this sounds like it could be the role for you please apply with an up to date CV or more information please Tracey on 0131 370 9191 / 07837 566646 / firstname.lastname@example.org
£45000 - £50000
13 days ago