Back to job search
Our client operates within a high hazard process plant. Due to ongoing restructuring and a continued investment in both plant and people, they now have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join their team.
You will be an experienced, enthusiastic and independent process engineer who will develop and implement multi-disciplinary projects. You’ll join a site team that is highly production focused, while improving the site’s safety and environmental performance.
Working as part of the site team, you’ll use your process engineering and production plant experience to help solve operational issues and optimize production. Where there are bottlenecks, you’ll develop solutions and implement projects.
Projects are principally driven by growth and SHE compliance. They will range in size from small plant modifications to £3m+.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Manage a portfolio of projects focused on environmental, safety and production improvements. Projects could range from £2mln plant extensions to minor pipework mods for environmental or production improvements.
• Balance the priorities of the project portfolio by working closely with the site management team and communicating clearly.
• Deliver projects by developing small teams working closely with contractors and technology licensors.
• Use the site’s management of change process to ensure that all changes are safe, compliant and reliable. You will be a process engineering signatory for the management of change process.
• Support the site team in trouble-shooting operational issues and optimising plant performance.
• Work closely with the procurement team to develop and implement contracting strategies – get the best possible value for money.
• Use project controls to track and manage schedules, costs and risks. Report these clearly to both internal and external stakeholders, such as the EA and HSE.
• For the programmes and projects you lead, measure and report the site’s progress and success.
• Work closely with other sites to improve processes, share knowledge and provide process engineering support where necessary. This will require occasional site visits in the UK and further afield.
• Lead projects for other sites when they have high levels of investment.
• Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
• Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
• To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
• Participate in training and personal development activities as required
• Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
• Chemical/ Engineering degree, or equivalent, with chartership preferred.
• Project Management Qualification or demonstrable experience.
• Continuous Improvement training useful.
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
• Experience working in a process plant is essential, with Manufacturing, Process or Chemical background
• Experience of change management within a challenging environment
• Proven track record of taking projects from inception to completion on time and within budget
• Good knowledge of management of change process
• Excellent facilitation skills to engage a cross-functional team towards a desired outcome
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire actions
• Commercial acumen with strong business analytical skills
£55000 - £65000
about 1 month ago